A place to relax
The Wild Campsite is the Jewel in our Crown
Fancy a spot of back to nature wild camping? The Crown Inn has the perfect spot for you. Our campsite is set along a half-mile stretch of the River Alwen, in 6 acres of ancient woodland and pasture. Ideal for families, individuals or groups who love discovering a hidden gem of a campsite.
Our campsite is for those who wish to get back to nature and really enjoy old-school non-powered camping, with a river and an ancient forest and real campfires in fire pits. We welcome both campervans and tents. Unfortunately access to the campsite is over a ford in the river and is not suitable for towed caravans or large motorhomes.
All we ask is that you behave responsibly, respect your neighbours and their property and no excessive noise.
Breakfast for campers can be pre-booked at the pub the night before. Fishing in the river is free for our campers.
What do we mean by back to basics wild camping?
- Our toilet block is open 24 hours for basic washing and loo
- There are no shower facilities
- There are no electric hook ups
- There is no waste disposal, please take your rubbish with you
- Mobile reception is poor (but guest WiFi is available in the pub)
- Dogs are welcome but must be leashed and under control at all times
- Of course, any dog fouling removed
Forget anything or just plain ran out?
We have a few essential supplies available from the Crown Inn campsite shop:
- Logs, firelighters and kindling
- Giant marshmallows and skewers
- Bottled beers
- Crisp and snacks from the bar
- Farm fresh eggs, sausages, bacon (subject to availability)
- Bread and milk (subject to availability)
Prices for camp shop items are displayed at the bar.