The Crown Inn COVID-19 policies and precautions for 2021
The Crown Inn and Campsite Covid-19 cancellation policy
If Covid-19 government restrictions require The Crown to close, or you are in a tiered area that the government has not allowed to travel to us, you are entitled to a full refund or a voucher to enable you to transfer to alternative dates.
You will qualify for a full refund, or to take the option to change your dates for later in the year or up to a year from your arrival date, for the following reasons,
- If we need to cancel your holiday due to a national lockdown.
- Local restrictions including local lockdowns preventing travel are in place affecting your booking postcode.
- Local restrictions including local lockdowns preventing travel are in place in our postcode preventing you from travelling to us.
- Please email us with any queries regarding your booking at [email protected] with your name and booking dates and the reason why you cannot travel, and if you would like to move your dates to alternative 2021/2022 dates.
- Please note that if you have changed your mind, and no longer wish to come on holiday in 2021, or if you are concerned about a future dated holiday, you are welcome to change your dates if 30 days before due arrival date; unfortunately, unless a national or local lockdown have been confirmed by the Government on dates that impact your holiday, we cannot refund your holiday.
Deposits are nonrefundable (except for the Covid lockdown restrictions listed above). If you do change your mind and can not come on your planned holiday, please inform us as soon as possible and we will try to re-book the dates and will hopefully be able to refund the remaining balance if the same dates can be rebooked. Deposits are nonrefundable, but we will endeavour to transfer dates if at all possible and with enough prior notice given.
The Crown Inn has a new normal, in line with government Covid-19 advice we have implemented:
- Check in – All bookings are pre-paid and arrival times and details will be sent to you with your booking confirmation, please take the time to read these. We’ll ask for your car registration details when you book. When you arrive on site, please call the pub on 01490 420209 or visit the bar to say you have arrived and give your name to a member of staff.
- Sensible social distancing – we have reduced our number of pitches from the licensed 20 to 16, giving you more space and increasing the social distancing on site, whilst also reducing numbers on site.
- There will be signs as a common sense reminder to keep two metres from other people.
- The toilets will be kept open and will have at least 2 deep cleans a day plus supplementary cleans.
- Hand sanitisers are provided around the site.
- We’re only allowing individual bookings or bookings with one other family to prevent large groups assembling.
- For health and safety reasons, campers are not allowed to have day visitors onto their pitches – please meet family and friends off-site so we can limit the number of people on our campsites.
- Our pub and riverside gardens will be open with social distancing guidance, breakfasts can be pre-booked and tables will be allocated if necessary.
- There will be a limit on numbers of people allowed in the pub at any one time.
- Pizza nights are open on a Saturday with new Covid measures in place, time slots will be booked and social distancing guidance in place.
- Yurts and cabins will be open to book from May 1st 2021. They all have their own private area with lots of space, hand washing and/or hand sanitizers at each unit.
Covid-19 restrictions are gradually lifting. From 26 April 2021, outdoor hospitality can reopen. This means you will be able to visit the outside pub garden terrace at The Crown Inn and enjoy a refreshment.
To open safely, and ensure all our customers are adhering to the government guidelines, our maximum capacity for customers on site is set at 98. This will be reviewed in line with the government review every three weeks.
1. Opening hours
Temporary opening times for The Crown will be in place to enable deep clean between shifts. This will be reviewed in line with government three weekly reviews.
You are invited to use the Crown to meet up outside as a group of up to 6 from any household. (The 6 includes anyone over the age of 11). It is recommended that you book a table in advance by ringing 01490 420209.
3. “Walk in” service
You are welcome to take a chance and join us for a drink during the times listed above, however due to restrictions on numbers and seats available, we cannot guarantee you will get in. If you choose to come this way, please enter the side gate and wait at the board to be seated by a member of staff as soon as one is available. (We strongly recommend you book in advance initially as we expect to be busy)
Regulations require us to provide table service only and therefore there will be no standing room at all. You will be required to remain seated at all times, other than when using the facilities.
Please note we are currently providing a limited menu
Lunchtimes – We will be offering light lunches such as sandwiches, baguettes, paninis and soup of the day.
Evenings (available 5.30pm to 8.30pm) – Jacket potatoes, ploughman’s or specials (depending on the night).
6. Face coverings
It is recommended that when on site, where possible, face coverings are used. It is mandatory however, that a mask is worn when entering the building to use the facilities. All staff will be wearing a mask.
There will be clear signs around the site and in the facilities to remain all our customers of the rules to keep us all safe. Anyone who chooses not to follow these may be asked to leave to protect the health of others.
8. Information collect
We are required by law to collect information about staff and customers on site in order to mitigate risk of spreading Covid 19. Upon booking or arrival, you will be asked to provide your name, contact number and we will record the date and time of arrival. This information will be kept confidentially and only used if necessary for track and trace purposes.
9. Additional measures in place
The Crown Inn has drawn up a cleaning schedule which ensures that all areas of the site will be cleaned and sanitised for use. Particular attention will be given to high traffic areas and high touch areas.
During closed periods, all areas will have a deep clean and restocking of sanitising equipment will take place.